Korean Fish Cake and Octopus Stir Fry Bento (생선 케이크와 낙지 볶음)


So many new and surprising things happened to me lately. In the middle of my excitement preparing the future trip to Kyoto, a sudden duty from campus that I have to join a community service in Cilodong Bogor, East Java, for a month has made my world turning down wildly. I have to race with time to make my very first passport *grin* quickly and finish everything dealing with teaching 3 weeks faster that the scheduled normal semester. Even it feels so hard to find spare time just to breathe *woooaaaa. I just wish that I'll still be able to blog during my stay there. If not, I'll be MIA for couples of weeks :D

Some weeks ago, I saw a post of delicious Korean Stir-Fried Squid (Ojinguh Bokkeum) at Indonesia Eats. Reading the ingredients and staring at the photos taken by Mbak Pepy just made me drool. I didn't have squid but had plenty of cooked cut octopus and a small pack of Korean fish cake (odeng). 


Altering the main ingredient with what I had was not a big sin. My octopus and fish cake stir fry simply tasted amazing. I used Kecap Manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) instead soy sauce. But I reduced the amount as it already tastes sweet. I pan fried the fish cake until half-done at first just to make it not too soggy after being mixed with the sauce. I enjoyed my Korean stir fry with brown and red rice onigiris. I added two white flowers made of radish to garnish my bento :D. To get the recipe, just refer to Indonesia Eats. Thank you Mbak Pepy for the great bokkeum (stir fry) recipe. Love it tons!


To end this post, I want to say my BIG thank you to Mommy Mimo for surprisingly sending me this beautiful and elegant black bento box complete with a couple of spoon and fork :D. Thank you sooooo much! LOVE LOVE LOVE :D

Hopefully I can see ya soon dear friends ^^


16 comments:

  1. entok Octopus soko endi bong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooooo yummmmmmmm!And so healthy tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ditut: Lai2 yg selalu keceee dong ah :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shirley: The stir fry is just addictive :D. And the whole bento make me feel satiated ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mommy Yenny: It is :D. I made another bokkeum and it tastes good. I always crave for bokkeum, simply delicious and easy to make :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ta this bento is SO lovely! the white flowers pop against the beautiful dark colors of the korean dish, which i know must be so flavorful. yummy for the eyes and mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Megan: Dear Megan, wow I miss you ^^. Thank you so much. I recenty love to make simple adult bentos as I found out that they are so practical and time saver :D. Yes, I first made the flowers from blanched carrot but change them with radish one as the carrot flowers couldn't boost the color contrast :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. your bento looks rocking and delicious! i love the idea of brown rice bundled with nori instead of regular steam white rice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful bento - so colourful and well-organized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I found your blog from epicurina.com and I totally love your blog! Your creations are all so cute and neat, look so tempting :D And I always really want to try Korean food, yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mbak Ira: Thank you Mbak Ira! Yes, this bento is delicious and healthier with brown rice :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Upajam się Japonią: Thank you very much! Have a wonderful day for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Angela Jessyana: Thank you so much dear! Have tried this one? It's really delicious, so worthy to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That looks really delicious! I really like the images because it makes the food more really inviting. I'm sure my family will also like this. I can't wait to try this recipe!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Roy: Thanks a lot Roy! Ojinguh Bokkeum is reallly yummy. If you love spicy, you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Just feel free to drop your comment. It will be visible after approval.