Sambal Tempe

 Sambal Tempe
Thanks to February that has 29 days for this year. I can post my February IFP entry in the very last minutes hehehe ^^v. I decided to come up with something very simple and one of my soul foods, Sambal Tempe :D. This is a "compulsory" menu when I'm home. I love to make my own version; with a plate of warm rice, it will be heaven for me :D. Some love to let the Sambal ingredients (bird's eye chili, garlic and kencur/kaempferia galanga; except the Tempe) freshly ground, and some other will love to have the ingredients pan-fried until wilted before grinding them into Sambal. For me, I love to pan-fry only the garlic until wilted and let the bird's eye chilies and kencur freshly ground. The fresh bird's eye chilies will make the sambal "kicking" :D. Besides, I love to add thinly sliced kaffir lime leaf in my Sambal Tempe since it gives the sambal fresh, aromatic and citrusy flavor.

Lombok [Chili]

Sambel Tempe & Kaffir Lime Leaves

To make my Sambal Tempe, I love to pick up the fresh ingredients from my grandma's backyard's treasures. Kencur is always in stock in the kitchen, while for the bird's eye chilies and kaffir lime leaves I can pick them fresh from the tree ^^.


Okay, let's check the simple Sambal Tempe recipe out :D

 IFP Badge



Sambal Tempe

Ingredients:
200 gram Tempe, cut into dices (about 3cm x 3cm) and fry (half-done)
4 cloves of garlic, pan-fry until wilted
12-15 fresh bird's eye chilies (or adjust to your ability in bearing with spiciness :D)
2 cm Kencur / Kaempferia galanga
2 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly slice
Salt to taste

Method:
Grind the ingredients (except kaffir lime leaves and fried tempe) with mortar and pestle to make the sambal (not too fine). Add in the fried tempe and thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves. Slightly crush the fried tempeh until well-mixed with the sambal.



Have a wonderful new March dear friends ^^


4 comments:

  1. Yay for Leap Day! It looks wonderful Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumyum.. Tempe bagi saya adalah salah satu makanan mewah..wkwkwk... Ta, iseng mau ikutan IFP, gmn caranya ya? hihihi.. thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lyndsey: Hi Lyndsey! It's been so long to have you here hehehe, thank you for your lovely comment ^^. Yeah, but it's soooo hot and kicking LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mama elaine: hahahah, maap mah selalu memamerimu dengan barang yang mewah (tempe) hehehehe ^^. Ayoh mah ikutan, gampang beuuuuddd.... Ikutan yang bulan Maret yah. Caranya tinggal posting entrynya trus jangan lopa pasang logo IFP yah. Setelah itu kirim entry atau lapor lah via e-mail: indonesianfoodparty@yahoo.com (jgn lupa sertakan link dan gambar :D). Terakhir, tinggal tunggu deh round up di bulan April :D

    ReplyDelete

Just feel free to drop your comment. It will be visible after approval.