Hello Aussie! Bento for Jenk Lyn

 Hello Aussie Bento for Jenk Lyn
After months, finally! I put my hands in making bento again this morning :D. The farewell bento (for another occasion) should be cancelled for next week due to this hectic week hehehe. One of my bestfriends, Jenk Lyn, won a scholarship to continue her master in Aussie. She told me that she HAD to eat my bento before she left Indonesia :)). So, I made her a bento whose theme as she requested me: Australian-themed bento ^^. On the late afternoon yesterday, I went to two supermarkets for the bento ingredients and I was quite frustrated that I couldn't find broccoli T____T. Yes, I realized that broccoli is very crucial for making bento *for me personally :D. If there are no broccoli florets in my bento, I feel that something is missing. But fortunately, peterselie saved my day :). Jenk Lyn will be in Bali in the next two days, so this morning was my only chance to make the bento. I only had 1.5 hours to cook, make the flags, assembly everything, and take the photo. It was crazy morning LOL! But, I'm so glad that she really likes the bento :D. The bento is cheered up by a cute girl (I meant as my friend :D) and a little white Koala. The side dishes are boiled beef sausage shaped into flowers, steamed chicken kee kian, hot octopus fritters, and spicy ayam bumbu rujak.

Last week, when I went to Tulungagung with friends, we were actually celebrating a farewell-like party in Jenk Lyn's hometown. We did enjoy our time there visiting paddy fields, a nearby river, and a beautiful dam namely Bendungan Wonorejo (Wonorejo Dam). I took many pictures, but could only edit the two below so far hehehe ^^

Bendungan Wonorejo
Bendungan Wonorejo

Have a nice day all! ^^


14 comments:

  1. Your bento is as cheerful as always :)! I am sure your friend really appreciated your effort and enjoyed the bento as much as she loved looking at it :D)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @CG: Thanks a lot CG! Yes, she did! :D. So happy to make her happy hehehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so thoughtful Ta! I'm sure your friend will remember this cute bento for a long long time and miss you a lot too. Love your pictures from Tulungagung. Never been there before ... looks so peaceful (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend gonna remember this special bento u made for her for a long time..:)
    i love the white koala and can you show how to cut the rose pattern on the sausages?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow..envy her, she is really lucky to have your bento, Ta :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lia Chen: Thanks a lot Mbak Lia ^^. I'm sure she will hehe. It was my very first time too visiting Tulungagung - can't wait for the next :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Bobo: Many thanks Florence ^^. I'm sure she will :D. Hehe, it's actually very easy to make but I think I get difficulty to explain it in English with only words. Hope later I don't forget to show the step-by-step pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mbak Yenny: Thanks a lot Mbak Yen ^^. Sure you can make one cuter than this :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear,
    Ohoh.. i would be jumping happily to be able to eat such beautiful bento. Never did i know broccoli is so important for creating one. I'm really impressed. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kak Izan: I wish I lived near your place so that I could make you a bento :D. Haha, the green color of broccoli florets will serve to balance to color composition beside balancing the food nutrition :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi ta! this aussie bento is fabulous, you are such a nice friend to send her off with something so special! can't believe you made the flags yourself, you are a crafting wizard too! i love the koala's face and big ears, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @megan: Thanks a lot dear friend for the compliment *blushing face hehehe :D. The flags are easy peasy to make ^^. Just wanted to make her happy before leaving her country hehe :D

    ReplyDelete

Just feel free to drop your comment. It will be visible after approval.